Have you ever woken up to a massive zit on your face or a sore somewhere on your skin? There is no denying that those could be painful if not embarrassing some times. That is why you need to be more intentional about taking proper care of your skin.
The good news is that most of these common skin problems are easily avoided or prevented. This article will show you simple tips to follow to ensure adequate care and treatments for your skin. You can start by reading Give Me Cosmetics customer reviews to know the best skincare products they sell.
This article will give examples of common skin problems and effective treatments to help you maintain healthy skin. Here are some of these skin problems and tips on how to treat and prevent them:-
Cold sores are mostly tender blisters on the skin. The exciting thing about cold sores is that they are contagious as HSV-1 causes them (though not usually sexually transmitted). Once you have this virus, you will keep getting cold sores now and then on your skin without treating it early on.
Here are tips that help you prevent core sores: –
- Do not share toothbrushes, lip balm, or drink from the same bottle as someone who has cold sores
- Do not kiss someone with cold sores on their lips or in the mouth, as this virus is easily contracted through mucus and saliva.
- Eat well, exercise regularly, apply sunscreens, and get enough sleep.
In case you already have cold sores, here are tips to keep you comfortable: –
- Take pain reliefs such as ibuprofen if the sores are painful
- Do not eat acidic foods (oranges, lemonade, tomatoes) and spicy foods to avoid irritation.
- Do not pick at cold sores to prevent bleeding
- Make use of ice cubes to cool off the sores.
Acne is another common skin problem that affects most people at some point in our lives. Acne builds up when the skin gets clogged with sebum. If you are more vulnerable to acne if you are in your puberty age as hormones are on overdrive; hence, the excessive production of oil (sebum).
You can read Skin Care products reviews or visit a dermatologist to help you stay on top of your game with treating acne.
Here are both the tips to help you prevent acne: –
- Wash your face twice a day with warm water and mild soap
- Do not scrub the face when you have acne, as it may irritate the skin
- Do not pop pimples, no matter how tempting it may be.
- Avoid touching your face
- Clean up your makeup before sleeping
- Check the ingredients of your skincare products
Another major skin problem is sunburn. Therefore, you need to protect your skin from damages the sun may cause. Here are preventive and treatment tips to help you protect your skin: –
- Wear sunscreen (SPF) that protects the skin from UVA and UVB rays, especially in water, snow, or ice.
- Use hats and sunglasses to prevent the sun from damaging your eyes.
- Do not use tanning beds as they have elements of harmful UV rays
- If you are on medication, increase your sun protection
Eczema is also a skin problem that you may face at one point or the other. It would be best if you stayed away from harsh substances like harsh detergents and heavily fragranced lotions. To treat this skin problem, try applying moisturizers on your skin. It would be best if you also reduce your stress levels to help avoid any skin problems. On the other hand, you can try out surgeries or injections to treat your skin.